How to Join
The Alaska Charter Association is a statewide organization formed for the follow Purpose:
- Preserve and protect the rights and resources of Alaska’s Sportfishermen.
- To serve as the voice of the local marine charter industry on Local, State and Federal issues affecting our industry.
- To monitor, maintain awareness and comment through established rule making procedures on any existing or proposed Local, State and Federal legislation or regulation that are of interest to this Association.
- To promote a local professional and quality Marine Charter Industry public image by being informed of the issues and taking a position that is to the benefit of the organization as a whole and to Sportfishermen in general.
- To promote boating safety, education and professional business practices by sharing information from within the membership and providing for the members’ educational opportunities through outside professional guest speakers.
- The Association shall be a non-profit organization whose treasury shall be used in supporting Association interests, activities and efforts.
We have 3 levels of membership. Please consider joining at the higher level to allow us to more effectively defend your rights.
Full Member - $200.00. This level membership is primarily for professionals involved in the Guided Recreational Fishery such as Charters and Lodges. It is also for those who want to join at a higher level than Associate member. Full Members enjoy voting rights, website link and e-mail, letter, and/or telephone updates. Your membership dues enable representation at various meetings-local and national, key visitations with our officials, advertising, and other pro-active activities. We work closely with the Recreational Fishing Alliance, Alaska Outdoor Council, National Association of Charterboat Operators, International Game Fish Association, and various Charter Associations around the state. Thank you for your support.
ACA full membership dues includes membership in the National Association of Charterboat Operators (NACO) - a $50 value. NACO works for the charter fishing industry on a national level, with federal regulations and congressional legislation.
NON-Charter Business or Family Membership - $50.00. This is a supportive membership and does not include voting rights. It does include a listing and link to your website on www.alaskacharter.org
Supporting Membership - $25. This is a supportive membership open to any individual person who supports the goals of the Alaska Charter Association.
Additional donation: Any amount that you feel is appropriate for you will be put to good use and appreciated.
Or you may download, fill out, and print the membership form and send to:
Alaska Charter Association
P.O. Box 478
Homer, Alaska 99603